Welcome to the NCBP Site!
The National Committee on Biosafety of the Philippines (NCBP) was created by Executive Order No. 430 on 15 October 1990 and strengthened on 17 March 2006 through Executive Order No. 514.
This website hopes to provide you information regarding regulatory requirements for experiments on modern biotechnology. May you find this website useful. We welcome your reactions and feedbacks.
Mandate of the National Committee on Biosafety of the Philippines (NCBP)
The NCBP shall be the lead body to coordinate and harmonize inter-agency and multi-sector efforts to develop biosafety policies in the country and set scientific, technical and procedural standards on actions by agencies and other sectors to promote biosafety in the Philippines.
Font Size Changer
- Department of Science and Technology (DOST)
- Biosafety Clearing-House of the Philippines
- Department of Agriculture (DA)
- Department of Agriculture-Bureau of Plant Industry Biotech Website
- Department of Environment and Natural Resources (DENR)
- Department of Health (DOH)
- Official Portal of the Republic of the Philippines
- Biosafety Clearing House Central Portal
- Codex Alimentarius - Biotechnology
- Convention on Biological Biodiversity (CBD) - Cartagena Protocol on Biosafety
- Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO)
- International Centre for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology (ICGEB)
- International Plant Protection Convention (IPPC) - International Phytosanitary Portal
- Office International des Epizooties (OIE) - World Organization for Animal Health
- World Health Organization (WHO)