|Project Title||Identification and Characterization of Rice Promoters|
|Project Type||Contained Use|
|Name of Institution||International Rice Research Institute (IRRI), Los Baños, Laguna|
|Cooperating Institution||Dr. Alex Johnson|
|Supervising IBC||Biosafety of Committee of IRRI|
|Project Leader(s)||Philip Herve, Molecular Biologist|
|Experimental Facility/Site||• Experiments will be done in the Laboratory of Biotechnology, PBGB Division, IRRI|
|Purpose / Objectives||1. To identify new rice regulatory elements from publicly available GAL4-GFP rice collection.
2. To characterize the activity of new regulatory elements in rice
|Biosafety measures||1. Primary transformants will be evaluated for DNA integration. The PCR and southern experiments will be done in the Biotechnology laboratory.
2. Selected transformants will be evaluated for regulatory element activity. These experiments will be conducted in the approved transgenic facilities (Greenhouse CL4 and screnhouses CS01/CS07)
3. All vectors will be kept in the plasmid collection of the Biotechnology laboratory.
4. All transgenic seeds will be stored in the central transgenic seeds storage facility with restricted access.
5. All transformants (plant tissues) except T1 seeds and subsequent progenies will be autoclaved after analysis. Soil used to grow transgenic plants will be autoclaved prior and after use.
|Conditions for Approval||N/A|
|Date of Approval||2006-00-19|
|Regulated Materials||Transgenic Nipponbare seeds containing the GAL4-GFP|
|Source||Australian Centre For Plant Functional Genomics, Adelaide Australia|
|Subject||Request for review and approval of the NCBP|
|Requesting Party||Dr. Darshan Brar, Chairman, IRRI- IBC|
|Action of NCBP||Approved for implementation subject to compliance with the biosafety measures indicated in the proposal
For issuance of permit to import by the Plant Quarantine Services, Bureau of Plant Industry, the above regulated materials to be used in the research.