|Project Title||The Use of Rh(phi)2DMB3 to Repair Thymine Dimers in pUC 18 Plasmids as Determined by CD or other Spectroscopic Techniques|
|Project Type||Contained Use (Laboratory)|
|Name of Institution||Institute of Chemistry, College of Science, UPD;|
|Cooperating Institution||Natural Science Research Institute (NSRI)|
|Supervising IBC||UP Diliman-IBC|
|Project Leader(s)||Eva Marie Ratilla|
|Experimental Facility/Site||UP Diliman, Quezon City, Philippines|
|Purpose / Objectives||1. To measure in vitro repair of thymine dimers using pUC 18 plasmids transformed in E. coli JM 105 cells.
2. To examine the possibility of in vivo repair of thymine dimers using pUC 18 plasmids transformed in E. coli cells.
3. To explore the possibility of using CD as a method in measuring thymine dimer repair.
|Biosafety measures||1. Containment capability of laboratory
2. Sterilization procedures
3. Personnel awareness of biosafety procedures
4. Labelling/ designation of “risk” areas
5. “Biosafetiness” of equipment
6. All plant tissues and soil used in the experiment will be autoclaved and incinerated.
|Conditions for Approval||N/A|
|Date of Approval||1999-12-15|
|Subject||Request of Dr. Elma Llaguno for proposal endorsement|
|Requesting Party||Dr. Elma Llaguno, Chairman, UP Diliman IBC|
|Action of NCBP||Approved for implementation|